Planning on the film

Over the course of the week, I have been planning what kind of experimental film I wanted to create. In the end, I decided I would make it a short film that mixes a few different media. So I imagined the backgrounds are live action footage shot by me, but with an animated child character who I decided to call Robin.

They will be my main character for the short film. They will face against a giant claymation snake made with some clay that I will buy. I plan to use green, yellow, white, black and red coloured clay.

So the animation styles I want to experiment with are 2D animation and claymation.

I also want to attempt to do a short film with no dialogue and unusual sound effects. The movie is going to be entirely visual with music composed by myself, and sound effects recorded by me using unusual sources, such as opening a coke bottle for the snake's hissing or popping a paper bag for a 

It's a little similar to some of the segments in Fantasia, or The Snowman.

The story will also be really simple, similar to the Pixar short (or the short Pixar employees made before they got formed) The Adventures of André and Wally B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Test Footage

Notes